Letters Have No Arms have packed their bags, put their travel hats on, and moved to a new land!

You should be automatically redirected to the post you were looking for (yes, the same one!) in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lettershavenoarms.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Here Kids! (part 1)


"It can't be just me
That's working it out
These songs that we've chosen
And what they're about
 
Are we after the same thing?
Am I crossing a line?
I'm checking the lyrics
I'm pressing rewind

All through the night
They begin to take shape
From the crack of the vinyl
To the hiss of the tape!
Play and record
Held down together
Tabs pushed off
So you can't tape over it ever

A couple of friends
Hanging out with each other
Just swapping songs
To soundtrack our summer"
 
Art Brut - Sound of Summer
 
Grandaddy - Summer Here Kids
   
    "Ice baby,
I saw your girlfriend and she was
Eating her fingers like they’re just another meal
But she waits there
In the levee washes
Mixin’ cocktails with a plastic-tipped cigar"
   
    "That summer feeling is gonna haunt you the rest of your life"
Jonathan Richman - That Summer Feeling
    
 "On an island in the sun
We'll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can't control my brain"

0 comments: