Letters Have No Arms have packed their bags, put their travel hats on, and moved to a new land!

You should be automatically redirected to the post you were looking for (yes, the same one!) in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lettershavenoarms.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Who said that the Album is dead?



Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I rarely listen to whole albums nowadays. These past weeks however, I found myself obsessively doing exactly that. It started innocently enough, when I played the first track on the brilliant Where the Wild Things Are OST. Then I let the next track play as well. And the next one. And the next one. Before I knew it, I was loving it so much I truly could not skip a song. Not even parts of the song, like skipping the end when you feel it's getting too long! I know, I feel like it's 1999! Here, then, are some other records that I've been playing straight through, again and again, during the last month.

"Dead Man's Bones" by Dead Man's Bones (buy)
Download: My Body's a Zombie for You
Download: Young and Tragic

"Við og við" by Ólöf Arnalds (buy)
Dowload: Englar og dárar
Download: Moldin

"The Limes" by The Limes (buy)
Download: Beyond Blue
Download: Dead Furniture

"Pony Up!" by Pony Up! (buy)
Download: Shut Up and Kiss Me
Download: Marlon Brando's Laundromat

"What Will We Be" by Devendra Banhart (buy)
Download: First Song for B
Download: Last Song for B

1 comments:

Adrien said...

The Limes' album is excellent.