Letters Have No Arms have packed their bags, put their travel hats on, and moved to a new land!

You should be automatically redirected to the post you were looking for (yes, the same one!) in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lettershavenoarms.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If You Need Someone (on a Jingle Jangle Morning)



Listening to the new The Pains of Being Pure at Heart album a few days ago couldn't help but bring me back to a simpler time, early to mid 1990s, when guitars were jangly and love was polaroid. And it would appear I'm not the only one wearing sepia-tinted glasses, as there are seemingly ever more bands these days who are not only delving into the past but recreating the sounds.


Field Mice - If You need Someone
 If you need someone
to hold you
when you are afraid
I'll hold you

If you need someone
to make you
happy when you're sad
I'll try to

  
Mary Lou Lord - Some Jingle Jangle Morning (When I'm Straight)
 Song about a sun beam
Song about a girl
Your voice still rings and echoes in my mind
So many words unspoken
So many worlds apart
Your memory is all you left behind

 
REM - Harborcoat 
There's a splinter in your eye and it reads "REACT"
  

Dum Dum Girls - Catholicked
 My sins are my own
  
Roses Kings Castles - Horses
A slice of pure loveliness from Adam 'Babyshambles' Ficek. Proving once again that it's impossible to write a bad song about horses.
  

0 comments: