Letters Have No Arms have packed their bags, put their travel hats on, and moved to a new land!

You should be automatically redirected to the post you were looking for (yes, the same one!) in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lettershavenoarms.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

That summer.



Marine Girls: Honey
Sunny Summer Day: Something in Your Eyes
The Subways: No Goodbyes

The fire in leaf and grass
so green it seems
each summer the last summer.

The wind blowing, the leaves
shivering in the sun,
each day the last day.

A red salamander
so cold and so
easy to catch, dreamily

moves his delicate feet
and long tail. I hold
my hand open for him to go.

Each minute the last minute.




(Denis Levertov: "Living")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a Romanian train, the blue one? :) i've been reading your wonderful blog for a while, now i'm a bit surprised.

Eliza K. said...

haha you're very observant! It is indeed. I'm half-Romanian and we went on a lovely trip this summer through the country - mostly Transilvania (Sibiu, Brasov, Sinaia, Sighisoara...). I spent my childhood in a little town around Mures so it was something of a nostalgia trip :)

Anonymous said...

lovely :) well, I'm Romanian, from Bucharest, but i love that part of the country, even if i've spent all my childhood near the sea, in Constantza.