Letters Have No Arms have packed their bags, put their travel hats on, and moved to a new land!

You should be automatically redirected to the post you were looking for (yes, the same one!) in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.lettershavenoarms.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 8, 2009

All those summer parties, bleep bleep beep, swine flu and a sweet farewell to Daniel F

Find us a trap door, find us a plane
Tell the survivors help is on the way
I was a blindfold, never complained
All the survivors singing in the rain
I was the one with the world at my feet
Goddess of battle, leave it up to me

What it is and where it stops nobody knows
You gave me a life I never chose 
Metric - Blindness 
 
I dedicate this to a certain Dr. Daniel F. I know you were only fictional, but you'll be missed! 
 
 
 The Streets once had a hit with a song called Let's Push Things Forward. These past few weeks they've been doing just that. Releasing songs on Twitter and even writing a song about (how NOW can you get?) swine flu, titled He's behind you, he's got swine flu  
 
 

Surely this is how it should be done. I realize that financially speaking not all bands can afford to just record and release music whenever they want, but wouldn't it be nice if it were possible? To be able to just react to something in the news, on your mind etc, write a song about it, put together a quick video, Tweet it and get it out there.
 
 
The Streets - Trust Me
 
*
 
 In which Animal Collective do very strange things indeed to Yeah Yeah Yeah's Zero 
 
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero (Animal Collective remix)
 
 *
Ok, I've been going on about how good this album is for a few weeks now. It's probably time I posted something.
 
I used to be darker, then I got lighter, then I got dark again
 
Bill Callahan - Jim Cain
 
*
1 part Modeselektor + 1 part Apparat = Moderat
 
Moderat - A New Error
 
*
Letter have no Arms was lucky enough to see Evripidis and his Tragedies a few weeks ago in Barcelona. Here they've distilled the essence of summer into four minutes and nine seconds. 
The best part? 1 min 25 sec in 'what a shame'
Get out your dancing shoes, unlock the door to the roof terrace and open a bottle of wine!

All those summer parties that we used to share
I can hardly recall a thing,
that surely means that I was there
dancing and kissing
you don´t know what you`ve been missing
all those summer parties that we shared
no-one could make
them fade away

with our fists in our pockets moving nervously
with a spring in our step and our dancing shoes on
we waited for this all winter long and nobody can stop us now
  

0 comments: